The quiet village makes a nice evening stroll and a good starting place for a long country walk or bike ride. With advance notice we can provide a picnic. For cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, the Lamoille Valley rail trail runs past the inn. Fishing in the Lamoille River is a short walk away. For the little ones, we have old-fashioned hoops to roll on the lawn and there is a quiet playground just two blocks away.
A full English afternoon tea is available at the inn Thursdays and Sundays. By prior arrangement tea may be offered on other days as well as other meals and festivities such as luncheons, private dinners, birthday parties, brunch, etc.
Special events at the inn are scheduled throughout the year and are listed on our calendar of events. Current selections include
Jane Austen weekends
Downton Abby dinner and etiquette talks
Vermont Apple Pie Literary and Travel Society salon dinners
- Jane Austen Weekend: Pride and Prejudice on January 10, 2014 8:00 pm
- Jane Austen Tea on January 11, 2014 3:00 pm
- Jane Austen Weekend: Sense and Sensibility on January 24, 2014 8:00 pm
- Jane Austen Tea on January 25, 2014 3:00 pm
- Downton Abbey Dinner and Etiquette Talk on January 28, 2014 7:00 pm
- Downton Abbey Dinner and Etiquette Talk on January 29, 2014 7:00 pm
- Downton Abbey Dinner and Etiquette Tallk on January 30, 2014 7:00 pm
- Vermont Apple Pie Literary and Travel Society Dinner and Discussion: Guernsey Under the Occupation on February 1, 2014 6:00 pm
- Vermont Apple Pie Literary and Travel Society Dinner and Discussion: Guernsey Under the Occupation on March 8, 2014 6:00 pm