The quiet village makes a nice evening stroll and a good starting place for a long country walk or bike ride. With advance notice we can provide a picnic. For cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, the Lamoille Valley rail trail runs past the inn. Fishing in the Lamoille River is a short walk away. For the little ones, we have old-fashioned hoops to roll on the lawn and there is a quiet playground just two blocks away.
A full English afternoon tea is available at the inn Thursdays and Sundays. By prior arrangement tea may be offered on other days as well as other meals and festivities such as luncheons, private dinners, birthday parties, brunch, etc.
Special events at the inn are scheduled throughout the year and are listed on our calendar of events. Current selections include
Jane Austen weekends
Downton Abbey weekend with dinner and etiquette talk
Join Our Mailing List
- Downton Abbey-inspired Weekend with Etiquette Dinner on February 3, 2017
- Afternoon tea with Tea Etiquette Talk on February 26, 2017 3:00 pm
- Special 3-Day Jane Austen In Character Weekend on June 30, 2017
- Jane Austen Weekend: Pride and Prejudice on August 4, 2017
- Jane Austen in Character Weekend on August 11, 2017
- Downton-inspired Weekend with Etiquette Dinner on August 18, 2017
- Jane Austen Weekend: Pride and Prejudice on September 8, 2017
- Jane Austen Weekend: Pride and Prejudice on January 19, 2018